I want long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided
Powered, flowered and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled and spaghettied
(Hair)
Hair was one crazy musical to watch as a kid. My family was always very much into the arts. My Dad was in a band most of his teenage-years. My Mom was in marching band. My Dad raised us with the Beatles, Queen, and rock songs. My Mom raised us with Peter, Paul and Mary, and countless old musicals. We went to almost every local production of anything, because my Mom knew everyone in our city. So it wasn't surprising that my sister and I often spent summertime's renting musicals that we'd never seen. Hair was one of them. And what a crazy one to watch around 9 years old.
Maybe that's where my hippie blood comes from. Nah, it's still probably the Peter, Paul and Mary that did it.
Back to hair. I know this blog is meant to focus on my minimalistic journey but sometimes I will post other things. Mostly because I'm random and partly because I like talking. So, like Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates, "you never know what you're gonna git."
If you followed my old blog you know that sporadically I try some new form of home hair treatment. From mayo, to EVO, to cinnamon I've done almost all of them. Flat beer, that was a fun one. Well, last night I went at it again. Rumor had it that avocado was great for the hair. I decided to take the challenge. So, in between work outs I mashed an entire avocado in a bowl. I added a bit of EVO, and half of a fresh squeezed lemon; 'cause why not?
Dumb.
Dumb move.
See, this is the point where I'll just go ahead and tell you that any time you decide to put something in your hair, it's probably a good idea to make it more of the consistency of a smoothie, than say....guacamole.
There I was, mashing guacamole into my hair. Trying my best to get it to blend like conditioner would. No luck. At this point I could feel chunks of avocado falling onto my shoulders and then to the floor. Not only, now, was I questioning my actions at this point but now I'm panicking about avocado being on the floor where the cats can eat it. Avocado is poison for them.
It was too late to turn back.
I sat myself in the tub. Guacamole on my head. Not even IN it, just ON it really. And I laughed at myself. After all, it did seem pretty funny. Until I had to strain food out of my tub. It took me a half hour to drain the tub and get all the avocado bits and fibers out. At that point I washed up really well. Scrubbed my hair a few times and went to bed.
Definitely had bits of avocado still in my hair when I brushed it this morning.
On the plus side, no static!


No comments:
Post a Comment